Advanced Distribution Management Systems
The electrical distribution system operators of today are facing an increasing set of demands and expectations from customers, regulators and public officials to improve safety, reliability and efficiency of the distribution system and to provide timely and reliable data about power system conditions and status of power outages. Meeting these demands now and into the future requires a modern, integrated and real-time solution built specifically for distribution system operations.
Spectra™ is a real-time integrated solution for Advanced Distribution Management. Spectra enables utilities to improve system reliability, efficiency and safety, as well as providing timely and reliable information to internal and external stakeholders. Incorporating a full suite of advanced applications, Spectra represents a comprehensive and modern solution for the challenges facing today's distribution system operators and a robust real-time platform for the utility's future roadmap and vision. Spectra enables distribution operators to:
- Model and manage the distribution network
- Monitor and control the power system
- Manage planned and unplanned outages
- Dispatch crews and manage field work
- Analyze and optimize the operation of the network
- Integrate renewable and distributed generation
Spectra encompasses a complete and integrated set of functions and applications that operate on a common network model and are accessible through a common, seamless user-interface with a standardized look-and-feel. Spectra provides in-depth situational awareness, real-time monitoring and control, advanced analysis applications and centralized distribution automation.
The Spectra suite offers the following modular applications:
- Distribution Network Operating Model (DNOM)
- Distribution Topology Processing (DTP)
- Distribution Power Flow (DPF)
- Short Circuit Analysis (SCA)
- Distribution State Estimator (DSE)
- Volt/VAR Control/Optimization (VVC/VVO)
- Fault Location, Isolation and Service Restoration (FLISR)
- Optimal Feeder Reconfiguration (OFR)
- Switching Order Management (SOM)
- Outage Management System (OMS)
- Distribution Operator Training Simulator (DOTS)
- Short Term Load Forecast (STLF)
- Load Management (LM)
- Load Shed (LS)
- Historian (HIS)
- Demand Response Management System (DRMS)
- Distributed Energy Resource Management System (DERMS)
- Enterprise Integration with GIS, CIS, AMI, IVR, WMS and others
Spectra is built on a real time high performance and secure platform to meet the evolving needs of utilities for advanced, smart grid capabilities. The benefits of the OSI Spectra solution include:
- Real-Time Integrated Solution: Built on real time SCADA platform using common architecture, technology and user interface. It enables integrated advanced application on a single network model by combining real time data, electrical network data and connectivity data.
- Efficient Maintenance and Support: Logical design using open technologies reduces training, integration, support and maintenance costs; allows flexible authority and role management.
- Comprehensive Security: Provides integrated security architecture with support for real time and corporate access.
- Centralized Distribution Automation: Provides automated applications to reduce losses, maintain power quality, improve reliability and reduce peak demand.
- Improved Reliability: Improved situational awareness as well as applications to automatically respond to outages minimizing customers impacted.
- Improved Safety: Increased visibility of the network status, integrated switching and tagging and single network model reduce chances for unsafe conditions.
- Improved Operations Efficiency: Provides simulation and analysis tools to help operators evaluate and validate options against current and future conditions and make better decisions.
- Improved Energy Efficiency: Automated applications to reduce losses and peak demand.
- Supports Green Energy: Support for modeling, monitoring and management of renewable and distributed generation as well as other Distributed Energy Resources (DERs).
Using our open interfaces and many open API's, as well as our SCADA, DMS and OMS applications, you will obtain the greatest possible Return on Investment while effectively automating your distribution operation today and positioning yourself for the transition to a totally integrated and automated distribution business of tomorrow.
Examine why many distribution companies all around the world are selecting OSI technology to run their Distribution Operations.
DMS Representation & Visualization
Spectra eMap is a full-featured graphical viewer designed to support both geographical and schematic views of the distribution system, distribution substations and transmission networks. Spectra eMap comprehensively solves issues related to maintaining a fully accurate and up-to-date model of the system and offers the tools to improve customer service, reduce operating costs and response times.
Geographical Information Systems Interface
OpenGIS provides an interface between the utility's GIS system and the OSI Distribution Management System. OpenGIS uses available GIS APIs to retrieve system maps (electrical, geographical, other information) from the GIS, which are then converted to OSI standard display format. OpenGIS APIs are designed to allow interfacing to popular GIS products and can be tailored to your specific needs.
Distribution Management System
Spectra DMS encompasses a comprehensive and integrated set of powerful, electric and distribution system management solutions accessible through a common user-interface. Spectra DMS monitors the performance of the distribution system, allowing users to anticipate and respond to potential overloading and under voltage situations with the best solutions, before they become critical.
Outage Management System
Spectra OMS is a next-generation, state-of-the-art outage management solution that empowers utilities to better manage their outage response times, keep customers, management and regulators well informed about the scope, status and forecast of restoration efforts as well as to improve overall system reliability. Spectra OMS also allows the assignment of work to field technicians.