Outage Management Systems
Utilities recognize that when it comes to power outages, the bar has been raised. Customers, regulators, media and public officials have significantly higher expectations from their utility as to the reliability of their service and the efficiency and effectiveness of its restoration when they are out of service. Today's utilities require the next-generation outage management system to:
- Predict the outage location and determine the customers impacted
- Prioritize restoration efforts
- Calculate estimated time of restoration (ETR)
- Determine crews required for restoration
- Dispatch and manage crews
- Provide outage information for reporting and notification
Electra OMS™ is a next-generation, state-of-the-art outage management solution that empowers utilities to better manage all areas of their outage restoration processes, minimize their outage response times, keep customers, management and regulators well-informed about the scope, status and forecast for outage restoration efforts, as well as to improve overall system reliability. Electra OMS equips utilities with a solution that enables them to efficiently and effectively assign work to field technicians and to improve field technician utilization and productivity.
The following is a list of Electra OMS components.
- Contact/Trouble Call Management
- Outage Analysis/ETR Calculation
- Crew Dispatch/Work Management
- Planned Outage Management
- Storm Management
- Outage Reporting and Notification
In addition, Electra OMS can interface with the systems below as well as other utility systems:
- GIS to import network model updates
- CIS to import customer information updates
- IVR to receive automated trouble call and provide customers with outage information
- AVL to show the actual location of crews
- AMI to receive outage and restoration notification and to ping meters
- MWFM to communicate with crews via mobile data systems
- WMS to exchange work order and related information
Electra OMS can be easily expanded to include DMS related modules such as Volt/VAR Control and FLISR due its integrated design. Each of these solutions functionally integrate with Spectra OMS, utilizing the same user interface and system model and maintaining the same look and feel, allowing the operator to seamlessly utilize any or all of the OSI Electra™ solutions.
Outage Management System
Electra OMS is a next-generation, state-of-the-art outage management solution that empowers utilities to better manage their outage response times, keep customers, management and regulators well informed about the scope, status and forecast of restoration efforts as well as to improve overall system reliability. Electra OMS also allows the assignment of work to field technicians.
Distribution System Mapping & Visulization
Spectra DMS encompasses a comprehensive and integrated set of powerful, electric and distribution system management solutions accessible through a common user-interface. Spectra DMS monitors the performance of the distribution system, allowing users to anticipate and respond to potential overloading and under voltage situations with the best solutions, before they become critical.
Geographical Information Systems Interface
OpenGIS provides a standard configuration interface to the utility's GIS system to retrieve network model and system maps (electrical, geographical, other information). OpenGIS APIs are designed to allow interfacing to common GIS products and can be tailored to your specific needs. OpenGIS supports incremental updates of changes to the model on a periodic basis such as daily or weekly.